SAIC is pleased to announce significant new grant funding for industry-led, collaborative applied R&D projects to align with innovation challenges of top priority within aquaculture.
Information source: SAIC press release and web information
- Competition opens: today – 31 January 2020
- Submission deadline for Expressions of Interest (EoI): 12 March 2020
- Invitation to full application: 27 March 2020
- Submission deadline for full applications: 7 May 2020
Decisions on funding will be made at the SAIC Board meeting on 28 August 2020, and successful applicants will be informed shortly after this date.
Subject areas of interest
All proposals must be relevant to at least one of SAIC’s Priority Innovation Areas (PIAs):
- PIA 1: Addressing environmental and health challenges, particularly sea lice and gill disease, and developing feeds that optimize fish health and nutrition;
- PIA 2: Unlocking additional capacity in Scottish aquaculture;
- PIA 3: Shellfish and other non-finfish species.
What are they looking for?
With this call, SAIC is inviting applied R&D proposals that offer solutions to issues affecting the Scottish aquaculture sector. Proposals must be scientifically robust and will be assessed by SAIC’s Independent Scientific Panel.
SAIC-funded projects must be able to demonstrate that they are leading towards potential economic benefits to the Scottish economy. Commercial uptake and financial impact are important measures of value, as is the quality of the scientific inquiry.
Further information and applications: